Earthing of electrical components such as generators, transformers, electric motors, lighting fixtures, refrigerators, washing machines and so on, which are not under voltage during normal operation, ie non-active metal parts, is connected to earth by means of a conductor.
Grounding, home and workplace devices in the event of any electrical leakage, in order to avoid endangering human life, non-stressed parts connected to the ground with a conductor.
Ground The need can be for the following reasons:
- Grounding for protection: grounding can be done to protect people from stresses that may occur in metal parts of electric vehicles.
- Grounding for operation: the operating circuit can be grounded for proper operation.
- Functional grounding: grounding can be carried out for a communication facility or an operating element to fulfill the expected function. For example, protection against lightning effects, such as rail system grounding.
In terms of grounding, there are many legal regulations in the Regulation on Grounding in Electrical Installations, Regulation on Electrical High Current Plants, Regulation on Electrical Internal Facilities and so on.
The recommended control periods for inspection, measurement and inspection of various earthing facilities are as follows:
- 2 year for electricity generation transmission and distribution facilities (except for power transmission and distribution lines)
- 5 year for power transmission and distribution lines
- In industrial facilities and trade centers,
- 1 year for inspection and measurement of their resistance to earthing
- 2 year for other inspection, measurement and controls related to grounding installations
- In non-fixed facilities,
- For fixed operating elements for 1 year
- 6 month for displaceable operating elements
- 1 year for earthing facilities covered by Regulation on Workplaces and Measures to be Taken in Work and Working with Hazardous, Explosive, Hazardous and Harmful Substances, and grounding facilities in workplaces where wet environments
Inspection and test facilities grounding inspection A report is issued for the results. This earthing reportsIs requested for TSE Service Location Qualification Certificate or Ministry of Labor and Social Security Audits, Municipalities and other special purposes under the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.
According to the Regulation on Health and Safety in the Use of Work Equipment issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security on the basis of the Occupational Health and Safety Law, a grounding examination should be carried out at least once a year if no other period is stipulated in the relevant standards.
In accordance with the Regulation on Health and Safety Conditions for the Use of Work Equipment, subject to the provisions of the Regulation on Grounding in Electrical Installations, Regulation on Electrical Power Plants and the Regulation on Electrical Internal Facilities, the following basic standard shall be used during the checks:
- Electrical equipment - Used in explosive atmospheres - Part 60079: Design, selection and installation of electrical installations
The TÜRCERT certification body provides certification and training services on the one hand and on the other hand provides specific technical services to the demanding companies. These include grounding inspections and other inspection services. You can contact the TÜRCERT certification body for any kind of inspection and test work.